Portrait Displays works with OEM display manufacturers and their suppliers to customize and fine tune our software for selected computer monitors, notebook displays, tablets, and smartphones.
To get the software to market as quickly and efficiently as possible, we follow the process outlined below. We can do this with an existing line of products or we can work the OEM's R&D team to optimize a display before it becomes available to the marketplace.
- Contact our sales staff and arrange to send us your displays for a complementary evaluation
- If more than one panel supplier is used for a particular model of a display, one panel from each supplier should be submitted
- Our color lab will analyze the displays with our calibrated color analyzer equipment to determine their inherent capabilities
- Displays that pass the initial analysis can be approved for further development
- Panels that fail, but are close to passing go to our Engineering department for further analysis and discussion with the customer
- For Technicolor color certification, panels that fall far below the level needed for certification are returned to the customer
- The technicians in our state-of-the-art color lab put the passing displays through a rigorous test matrix to determine their inherent capabilities and exact color characteristics
- If a customer uses multiple suppliers for a particular display, a panel from every supplier needs to be analyzed and characterized
- Portrait Displays’ proprietary software tools are customized with algorithms that will adjust the display to agreed-upon specifications
- A customized, branded user interface is developed to give the end user easy access to the simple controls
- Tuning data and UI is entered into the software application then built for customer feedback
- Exhaustive quality assurance testing is performed with constant customer oversight
Deliver and Certify
- The final “gold master” software application is given to the customer
- For Technicolor Color Certified displays, a letter of Certification is given to the customer, ensuring the correct color performance according to the agreed upon specifications
For Developers: DT Toolbox
DT Toolbox is a developer-oriented diagnostic tool for testing and debugging display hardware. DT Toolbox is not an end-user solution and, as such, DT Toolbox is provided "as is" and without support. If you have questions regarding DT Toolbox please contact your local Sales Representative.