Release Notes for all license levels of CalMAN, versions 5.0 to 5.7.0.
Official Release: May 19, 2016
Enhanced Dolby Vision Support
- CalMAN now imports Dolby Vision .dvgr files to add or update Dolby Vision Golden References for Dolby Vision calibration. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
Added HDR10 Support
- New HDR10 workflow. Requires Studio, Expert, Professional, Ultimate, or Enthusiast license levels. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- New Home HDR report. This report also works with the Dolby Vision workflow for those Enthusiasts who do not have access to the Dolby Vision report. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Added support for the AVTOPcontroller for the HDfury Integral 4K60 under sources. By inserting the HDfury Integral 4K60 between a standard pattern generator and display, it can be used to inject HDR10 (CEA 861.3) metadata into the signal. With the AVTOPcontroller software, CalMAN can change the metadata directly. Otherwise, the HDR10 InfoFrame HEX string data are available under the Source tab and it can be copied into the HDfury Integral 4K60’s Windows software UI manually. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
Widened BT.2020 Support
- Added BT.2020 HDR Colorspace Target. (All)
Included Support for Netflix Preferred Vendors
- Added NETFLIX Computer Monitor and NETFLIX Video Monitor workflows and reports to the Business installer. Requires the Ultimate license level. (Ultimate)
Improved OLED Support
- Added Full Field Pattern Insertion feature for OLED displays. With this feature enabled, OLED auto dimming feature is defeated, which is important to get a proper calibration. This feature is under Application Measurement Options and allows the user to specify frequency (in seconds), pattern duration (in seconds) and the pattern level. (All)
- Added the OLED Judd Modified white point. (All)
- Added support for the 2016 Panasonic DX800/DX900 displays. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Added a new EDR for the C6 to support LCD (LED PFS phosphor) displays. (Example Panasonic DX800/DX900). (All)
- Added support for Quantum Data 980 pattern generator. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Added BT.2020 support to Quantum Data 780, 804 and 980 pattern generators. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Enhanced the Specialty Pattern list for the Quantum Data 780 and 804 pattern generators. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Added support for the Inverted Checkerboard pattern for the Quantum Data 780 and 804 pattern generators. Requires updated firmware from Quantum Data. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Added support for the Teradek COLR as pattern generator and display (3D LUTs) (Ultimate)
- Added a Teradek COLR specific .cube option in the SpectraCal Cube Generator. (Ultimate)
- Added support for the Offhollywood OMOD as pattern generator and display (3D LUTs) (Ultimate)
- Added a Offhollywood OMOD specific .cube option in the SpectraCal Cube Generator. (Ultimate)
- Added HDR10 Support to the Murideo SixG Pattern Generator. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Added support for both Geometry patterns on the Murideo SixG pattern generator in the Specialty Patterns list. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Added support for the NEC and HP branded i1DisplayPro meters.
- Added a “User Mode” Exposure mode for the CRI CR100 CR250 meters. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Added 33 & 65 PC level 1D LUT data point options for the HP DreamColor z27x display. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Added 28 & 56 Video and 33 & 65 PC 1D LUT data point for EIZO displays (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)(Expert, Professional, Ultimate)(Expert, Professional, Ultimate) (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)(Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Changed the default data point setting for the Grayscale Multi layout on the Quick Analysis workflow to 21 instead of 23. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Headers are now included when copying data out of a datagrid. (All)
- Added Dolby Vision Workflow and Report to the ISF license. (Business installer only)
- Added ST2084 HDR EOTF Gamma formula to the ISF, Professional, and Expert license levels. (Business only)
- Added support for the SI Advanced report to the Studio license level. (Business)
- Resolved an issue which could potentially cause hangs when generating 3D LUTs. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Resolved issue connecting to the Photo Research PR730. (Ultimate)
- Changed Colorspace dropdown to use appropriate data field on SI Basic, SI Advanced, Quick Analysis, HT Enthusiast, and Color Cube workflows. (Business)
- Ensured that patterns display correctly in the layout pattern window in the Visual Verification layout of the Monitor Advanced workflow. (All installers)
- CalMAN now properly displays “the report is unlicensed” when attempting to open an unlicensed report. (All)
- Improve error handling when connecting to the Murideo SIXG on an incorrect COM port. (Ultimate, Professional, Expert)
- Resolved an issue that could cause the SpectraCal C6 meter report abnormal data for very close to black readings. (All)
- Resolved issue with the Home Enthusiast workflow that would cause it to populate pre data into the Home Report instead of Post. (Ultimate)
Official Release: February 5, 2016
- Added the ST.2084 gamma formula to the Expert and Professional license levels. (Expert, Professional)
- Modified the logo on the Color Cube (3D LUT) Report to a CalMAN logo. (Professional, Ultimate)
- Fixed an error in the SI Advanced workflow on the Grayscale/Gamma Multipoint Adjust layout. The AutoCal button no longer resets a 3D LUT if it exists. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
Official Release: January 11, 2016
- Added new 1D LUT formats for the SpectraCal Cube Generator. New formats are .txt (AJA) and .cube (Black Magic). (Ultimate)
- Added HDR10 support for Quantum Data 780 and 804 pattern generators (no 804b support at this time). This requires firmware version 15092260 or higher. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Added APL pattern and variable pattern size support to the Quantum Data 780 and 804 pattern generators. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Added support for the Astro 876/877 pattern generators which includes HDR10 support. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Added the new ColorChecker Video patch set released by XRite in October. (All)
- Added support for the NEC OEM XRite i1 Display Pro meter. (Ultimate)
- Added support of 1D LUTs for the Murideo Prisma. Supports either .csv or .cube file formats. (Ultimate)
- CalMAN now requires .NET 4.6 or higher.
- CalMAN 5.6.1 now requires madVR version 0.89.17 or higher. (Professional, Ultimate)
- The ‘ColorChecker’ workflow and license level have been renamed to ‘ColorMatch’. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Improved 3D LUT algorithms to help reduce possible banding. (Ultimate)
- Added additional data point options for 1D LUTs in the CalMAN Cube Generator. (Ultimate)
- Changed the default delta E threshold for Cuts and Gains AutoCal from 1.0 to 0.5. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Minor adjustments made to the SI Advanced workflow. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Minor tweaks made to the Monitor Advanced workflow. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Added a ColorChecker layout to the Dolby Vision workflow. (Ultimate)
- Updated the Monitor Direct (EIZO/HP) workflow. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Updated the Color Cube (3D LUT) workflow. (Ultimate)
- Updated the Dolby Vision workflow. (Ultimate)
- Updated 2point RGB calibration datapoint preset. This selection will now default to match the layout settings. (Ultimate)
- Added a 10%/Peak White dataset. (All)
- Resolved an issue with the Klein K10 meter where CalMAN would use table 0 when selecting tables above 39. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Resolved an issue that could cause data grids to not populate on some nonEnglish versions of Windows if the data point contained a decimal. (All)
- Resolved read errors with the CR100 and CR250 meters that could be caused when reading near black. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Resolved an issue creating 3D LUT files for TVLogic displays using the SpectraCal CalMAN Cube Generator. This issue did not exist when connecting directly to a TVLogic as a display. (Ultimate)
- Resolved read error with the Rev. B XRite i1 Display Pro meter when reading near black. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- The ColorMatch workflow now defaults to D65 white point and not to a 5600K white point. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Resolved an issue for near black banding as well as overall accuracy improvements for 3D LUTs. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Added an exception handler for CR100 meter. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Resolved an issue that could cause crashing with Dolby Vision patterns. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
Official Release: October 16, 2015
- CalMAN’s builtin pattern generator can now generate Dolby Vision enabled patterns. With Dolby Vision’s unique gamut remapping, we also have included gamut targets for both the VIZIO RS65 and RS120 flagship displays. Additional Dolby Vision gamut support will be included as additional displays are made available. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- CalMAN’s (IRP) 3D LUT calibration now takes additional measurements to track the drift of the display while a calibration is taking place. This allows the measured data to be corrected for both luminance and chromaticity which produces a final 3D LUT with a higher level of accuracy. This is especially valuable on displays that exhibit image retention. (Ultimate)
- Added support for the Astro VG series pattern generators. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Added support for the Murideo SIXG pattern generator. (Expert, Professional, Ultimate)
- Added 25% only and 50% only levels as options for Saturation sweeps. (All)
- Added the ability to show 8, 10, or 12 bit levels on the slider bar. (All)
- Added full RGB triplet support for the Quantum Data 804 pattern generator. (Ultimate)
- Added support for Murideo Prisma format found under the SpectraCal Cube Generator. (Ultimate)
- Added the Murideo Prisma as a display option. This creates a LUT file that can be uploaded into the device through the Murideo utility. (Professional, Ultimate)
- CalMAN now defaults to cd/m2 (Nit) instead of fL (foot lambert) for brightness measurement units. (All)
- Removed Manual DVD support. (All)
- Removed support for all IR controlled devices except for the SpectraCal DPG product line. (All)
- Added new FSI models to the ‘model’ drop down for FSI displays. (Flanders, Ultimate)
- Added support for madVR as both a Pattern Generator and Display. (Professional)
- Updated the following workflows:
- Quick Analysis
- SI Advanced
- SI Basic
- SI Professional
- HT Enthusiast
- There is now a check box for the Quantum Data 780C to enable HDSDI output. This option forces the output from the 780C into YCbCr, rather than RGB. With this option checked, you can then set the colorspace to Rec.601, 709, or 2020. (All)
- Resolved an issue where the ‘Load LUT File’ button on the 3D LUT DDC controls was not working. (Ultimate)
- Resolved an issue that would cause hangups/crashes when performing a 3D LUT calibration with PC Levels selected. On some devices an error message would appear stating the points were not supported for the device. (Ultimate)
Official Release: August 5, 2015
- Added support for 2015 Panasonic models: CR, CZ, and CX
- Added a configurable delay when enabling/disabling full screen mode for madTPG. This is configurable under the source tab and is labeled in 1/100 seconds. Requires madVR 0.88.20 or higher. (CalMAN Ultimate)
- Added a white OLED table for the C6 meter.
- Improved connection and LUT reset performance with the Lumagen Radiance when it is connected for 3D LUTs. (CalMAN Professional & Ultimate)
- Added SMTPE level points for 1D LUTs for the Fujifilm ISmini LUT box. (CalMAN Ultimate)
- Removed deltaE field on ICC creation layout for the ‘Monitor Advanced workflow’. Home Theater Tutorial workflows have been replaced with the new ‘Home Express workflow’
- Renamed Home Theater workflows to follow new naming convention.
- Resolved issue where CalMAN Eyeglass would crash when opening an image file. (CalMAN Professional & Ultimate)
- Resolved an issue with Jeti Specbos 1211 meters if they were calibrated only to visible range. (CalMAN Professional & Ultimate)
Official Release: July 6, 2015
- Added support for OSEE to function as a pattern generator (CalMAN Ultimate).
- Added OSEE file format for cube calibrations within SpectraCal’s Cube Generator (CalMAN Ultimate).
- Changed the default pattern delay setting for Eizo displays.
- Added a check box within the source tab for madVR. This button will force the patterns to go into fullscreen mode while CalMAN is taking readings. The window will return to its previous state when the readings are finished. This feature requires madVR version 0.88.14 or higher.
- Resolved issue where deltaE chart target lines might not be displayed once they are enabled.
- Resolved issue where Pattern Auto Advance would apply to an automated pattern generator if going from a manual pattern generator to an automatic generator.
- Resolved crashes that occurred when CalMAN would not recreate a settings file on startup if it were missing.
- Resolved an issue that would occur on the Lumen Radiance (all models). CalMAN would not reset the internal 3D LUT at the start of a cube calibration.
- Fixed a typo ColorChecker button on last layout of Studio Introduction workflow.
Official Release: June 10, 2015
- Added support for software 1D LUTs in raw .csv format (CalMAN Ultimate).
- Added support for Prisma 3D LUT Box (CalMAN Ultimate).
- Added additional calibration points for Fujifilm ISMini 1D LUTs (video 61 points, PC 65 points).
- New versions of VirtualForge can now be found in the Manufacturer dropdown of the CalMAN Source Tab under “SpectraCal”, as opposed to “AVFoundry.” VirtualForge will remain listed under AVFoundry for any versions previous to build 1.1.302.
- Added ability for users to specify a manual sync number for the CR100 meter.
- DeltaE charts no longer display target lines by default. The lines, when enabled, display targets at 1, 3 and 10 as opposed to 3, 5 and 10 as they were previously.
- Mouseovers for DeltaE charts now display a ColorChecker swatch for the selected color as well as the DeltaE value.
- Disabled the “Include Stabilizing Delay for Read All” setting by default.
- CalMAN will no longer calculate Contrast Ratio unless both black and white readings have been taken.
- Resolved crashes that occasionally occurred when connecting to Client 3 as a display.
- Resolved issue with IR Profiling black level targets.
- Resolved issue with “Expand to PC Levels” option in the Source Control Tab.
- Resolved data population issue for DeltaE charts in reports.
- Resolved looping issue with pointbased IR Profiling.
- Resolved issue with 4ColorMatrix tool.
Official Release: March 17, 2015
- Added a minor delay to the Assimilate SCRATCH and madTPG pattern generators.
- Changed DDC setting in CalMAN Client 3 to be disabled by default, rather than enabled.
- CalMAN Client 3 now supports Mac OS X Yosemite, version 10.10.2.
- Updated MonitorStandard and MonitorAdvanced workflows.
- Resolved an issue with the CR100 that would cause CalMAN to crash when no light was being read by the meter.
- Resolved an issue where CalMAN would crash or hang during a 3D LUT calibration or retargeting.
- Resolved an issue with the NIST Certification section in the Meter Connect Tab.
- Resolved an issue with the legacy iterative 3D LUT method for Lumagen Radiance 20xx and 21xx devices.
- Resolved a crash in CalMAN when connecting to Client 3 as a display with certain monitors.
- Resolved a blacklevel issue with IR Profiling that would cause gamma errors in some cases.
- There is currently an issue writing a LUT to Dolby displays. A work around is to create a LUT using the SpectraCal Cube Generator and then upload the LUT into the display manually. Use the LUT format “DoblyPRM (.dd3).”
Official Release: March 5, 2015
- Added “Include Black” option in AutoCal Adjustments checkbox. This is available under the Workflow Advanced Options tab and is saved with the workflow. With this box unchecked, CalMAN will not adjust absolute black in calibrations, but custom black level targets may still be set within the workflow.
- Added “Points Remaining” indicator to progress windows for pointbased 3D LUT calibrations.
- Added support for 2014 EIZO models: CG247, CG277, CX241 and CX271.
- Added support for new firmware for Colorimetry Research meters (CR100, CR250) that improves meter syncing.
- Ultimate License Only: added new History runtype that allows users to display multiple readings on the same chart.
- Ultimate License Only: added ST.2084 gamma formula for high dynamic range (HDR) displays.
- Added LCD LED Blue/Green colorimeter tables for XRite i1Display Pro (OEM and retail).
- Changed default setting for input and output on the DVDO TPG to “Limited.” This assures the output levels of the device are not compressed.
- CalMAN support for madVR pattern generator and 3D LUTs now requires version 0.87.13 of the madVR software.
- Computer monitor workflows now default to full PC levels (0255) for compatibility with the sRGB gamma standard.
- Changed meter mode default for the CR250 from Fast 2x to Normal.
- CalMAN now writes 3D LUT/profile files directly to the hard drive previous to writing the files to 3D LUT hardware.
- CalMAN now supports up to 99 different meter tables for the Klein K10 devices.
- Resolved licensing issue with the CR250 spectroradiometer.
- Resolve an issue that would cause CalMAN to crash or stop during a 3D LUT calibration or LUT retargeting.
- Resolved an issue that prevented workflow charts from updating properly.
- Resolved an issue that prevented CalMAN from writing 1D LUTs to EIZO CX models.
- Resolved an issue that caused CalMAN to crash when connecting to the SpectraCal C3 colorimeter.
- Corrected luminance scaling issue in meter profiles.
- Resolved an issue with CalMAN PC levels for the DVDO TPG.
- Resolved an issue with data plotting for charts with a filtered data set. This was especially noticeable on CIE charts during 3D LUT calibrations.
- Reduced discontinuities in the whiter than white (WTW) region of a 3D LUT when profiling to reference white (235).
- There is a known issue with Windows 8 and the Blackmagic Design HDLink drivers which cause CalMAN to crash when writing to the device.
Official Release: December 18, 2014
- Lightning LUT Technology: generate corrective 3D LUTs in five minutes or less. CalMAN’s new Lightning LUT technology allows users to quickly correct the output of their video monitors. Unique interpolation algorithms allow CalMAN to provide an accurate 3D LUT calibration while only reading a select number of points in a 3D colorspace. Available in CalMAN Ultimate.
- IR Profiling (Intelligent Resolution Profiling): create corrective 3D LUTs that fit your unique needs and time constraints. The process of creating a 3D LUT in CalMAN now offers users the option of setting specific time and quality preferences before beginning a 3D LUT calibration. Create a 3D LUT in under an hour or set no time constraints for a maximum quality calibration. Available in CalMAN Ultimate and CalMAN Professional.
- LUT Retargeting: create multiple 3D LUTs for your monitor, each with different colorspace standards, with only one set of readings. CalMAN is now able to convert any LUT file to a new colorspace. Have you created a corrective 3D LUT for Rec.709 but also need one for DCinema? Use the display tab in CalMAN to create a DCinema 3D LUT from any other CalMAN LUT file. Available in CalMAN Ultimate. Note: it is recommended that users start with a larger colorspace 3D LUT and retarget to a LUT with a smaller colorspace.
- Free CalMAN Eyeglass 3D LUT Visualization Tool: upload your own photos to SpectraCal’s free 3D LUT visualization tool to compare beforeandafter results of 3D LUT calibrations. Located in the CalMAN Main Menu.
- Added support for ASSIMILATE SCRATCH® and SCRATCH Lab® digital workflows as pattern generators. Supported in CalMAN Ultimate.
- Added ASSIMILATE SCRATCH to the format dropdown on the SpectraCal Cube Generator.
- Added support for the Lumagen Radiance 21xx series video processors with higher baud rate when using the builtin USB connection in CalMAN Professional and CalMAN Ultimate.
- Added support for the Colorimetry Research CR100 colorimeter and CR250 spectroradiometer in all license levels of CalMAN for Business.
- Added support for Photo Research AQL meter .
- Updated keyboard shortcuts for greater usability. New shortcuts are as follows:
- A = AutoCal/AutoCube
- C = Continuous Read
- H = Read Grayscale High
- L = Read Grayscale Low
- S = Series Read
- X = Stop
- Arrow Key Right = Next Workflow Page
- Arrow Key Left = Previous Workflow Page
- Space Bar = Single Read
- Added new Lightning LUT workflow to CalMAN Ultimate. Provides 3D LUT calibrations exclusively with CalMAN’s new Lightning LUT technology.
- Updated interface for the new HP DreamColor firmware (v.230)
- BT.1886 is now available in the CalMAN DDC controls for the Panasonic AX900 series displays.
- Made enhancements to 3D LUT profile interpolation for better results near black (CalMAN Ultimate).
- Optimized memory usage loading and unloading workflows.
- Resolved issue where target lines weren’t drawing on deltaE charts in reports.
- Resolved issue where White and Black points were incorrect on Saturations Sweeps when in PC Levels.
- Resolved issue with the VP401 where patterns could get out of sync.
- Resolved issue with APL patterns in ASSIMILATE SCRATCH (CalMAN Ultimate).
- Resolved issue with 3D LUT calibration on the 5point Radiance models.
- Resolved performance issues with deltaE charts.
- Resolved issue where Display Wall Report and Display Wall Certificate were not accessible for the Professional license.
- Resolved issue where the Color Cube (3D LUT) Report was not accessible for any license level without design mode.
- Resolved a crash when closing the Meter Profiling window with the Close button.
- For Workflow Designers using CalMAN’s Design Mode Feature: We have uncoupled the in workflow pattern window for performance reasons. This means that CalMAN will not wait for this window to update before taking a reading. In cases where you have created workflows which use these windows for taking readings, you will need to make a modification. When getting properties on these windows, you will see a new option called Sync Pattern for Calibration. You will want to check this box if the window is used for taking active readings. All workflows created before this change will have that box unchecked.
- We recommend you remove the zoomed in CIE chart you might have on 3D Cube calibration layouts. This window can cause CalMAN to crash during calibration.
Official Release: August 26, 2014
- Added support for AJA Video LUT Box.
- Added support for Panasonic BT4 series displays.
- Added feature that allows users to view information on their meter’s NIST certificate from within CalMAN. NIST certificates are only available on meters that have been enhanced or certified by SpectraCal.
- Added new dE2000/JNDab formula that emphasizes luminance error, particularly at the low end.
- Resolved issue with pattern delays and Client 3
- Resolved an issue where the brightness DDC control was not displaying for the Direct Calibration (MonitorDirect) workflow.
- Updated the Display Wall Matching workflow to include AutoCal for luminance.
Official Release: July 3, 2014
(released as a series of release candidates from May 12 July 3, 2014)
- Added a new and improved Display Matching workflow for the calibration of multipanel video walls.
- Added support for Video Levels on the EIZO for 1D LUTs.
- Added new MonitorDirect workflow for HP DreamColor Z27x and EIZO ColorEdge monitors. This supports the internal LUTs of these monitors as well as the creation of ICC profiles.
- Added support for the HP DreamColor Z27x
- Added Virtual CMS Matrix.
- Added 1D Virtual LUT.
- Added Pattern Delay Optimization.
- CalMAN AutoCube technology now features a new Dynamic Linearity Correction™ (DLC) algorithm to dynamically identify nonlinear areas within a display’s 3D colorspace and add just enough adjustment points in those areas to correct the nonlinear response.
- Added support for the Panasonic AS800, AX800, and AX900 displays.
- Added wide gamut CCFL and LED RGB tables for the XRite i1Display Pro colorimeter.
- Resolved issue causing CalMAN to crash when profiling meters in Single Pass.
- Resolved issue causing CalMAN to crash when loading certain workflows.
- Resolved an issue causing problems in readings below level 16 for video reference black on the ISMini.
- Resolved an issue with the XRite i1Pro and i1Pro 2 that would cause CalMAN to be unable to communicate with the meters if CalMAN attempted to connect to it a second time.
- Resolved a licensing issue with Dolby support.
- Resolved an issue with the DDC controls for EIZO displays.
- Addressed an issue that would cause a unity LUT to be uploaded into a device.
- Corrected an issue that would create invalid cube calibration with Limit Reference White was selected.
- Further refined below black interpolation.
- Improved Resolve calibrations.
- CalMAN now supports the JVC x5 and x6 series CMS DDC controls in native ranges.
- Performance improvements were made on the Lumagen Radiance devices for 3D LUTs.
Official Release: March 12, 2014
(released as a series of release candidates from January 30 March 12, 2014)
- Added AutoCal for saturations in the Systems Integrator (SI) Professional workflow.
- Added a new slidingpower gamma formula. This power formula, with black compensation and a target exponent, behaves similarly to the ITUBT.1886 gamma formula.
- Added Grayscale Priority Interpolation for 3D LUTs with CalMAN Enthusiast.
- Added brightness and contrast ramp patterns of the VirtualForge, VideoForge Classic, VideoForge 4K and VideoFroge HDMI generators from within CalMAN.
- Added support for Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve software as a pattern generator.
- Added support for TV Logic XVM series displays.
- Added support for EIZO ColorEdge monitors as a meter, pattern source, and display.
- Added support for the Panasonic BT4 series displays.
- Added support for the DVDO AVLab TPG pattern generator.
- Added a blue/green LED table for SpectraCal C6 colorimeters.
- Added OLED support for i1Display Pro colorimeters.
- Resolved an issue that limited the 3D Cube report to license levels with Design Mode.
- Resolved an issue that occured when disconnecting from Resolve as a pattern generator.
- Made adjustments to the Monitor Standrad workflow in response to a VMWare Fusion update.
- Resolved an issue where the gamma exponent was not being properly restored when loading a workflow or data file.
- Corrected an issue with dE 1994 calculation.
- Resolved an issue with the DVDO TPG where the levels were incorrect.
- Resolved an issue where the data format of .cfe files for Flanders Scientific displays was incorrect.
- Resolved an issue where data was not populating to the View 3D Luminance layout of the Color Cube (3D LUT) workflow.
- Resolved an issue where the “Connect to Pattern Source” button on the Monitor Advanced workflow was not functioning.
- Resolved an issue where older downloadable calibration tables for CalMAN enhanced meters were not being used.
- Resolved an issue where the VideoForge HDMI pattern generator was not enable for the Control and Enthusiast license levels.
- Made a change that should make the SpectraCal C3 colorimeter more reliable at lowlight readings.
- The default pattern size for CalMAN Client 3 now defaults to full field. For those users who have already connected to Client 3 as a pattern source, the software will default to previous settings for pattern size.
- CalMAN version 5.3.0 and later now require uptodate software maintenance at install.
- Added maintenance reminder to installer for license renewal.
- Created a “cancel” option for installations without current license keys.
- Added an option to force installation for outdated license keys, which reverts the CalMAN application to Trial Mode.
- As of 5.3.0, Windows XP is no longer supported.
- CalMAN Studio now has a unified .exe installer.
- CalMAN 5.3.0 and later will require Microsoft® .NET Framework™ 4.5.1 or higher.
- Added a User Exposure Mode for Photo Research and Konica Minolta meters. When using this mode, CalMAN does not make any changes to the meter settings before taking readings.
- Cleaned up meter tables (display types) without removing functionality. Combined entries using same tables.
- SIP based meters, such as the SpectraCal C3, XRite i1D2 and Chroma 5, experience issues when reading displays that are still stabilizing after a pattern change. This can cause the meters to stop responding, creating lostconnection errors in CalMAN that appear to the user as Error 6 or Error 7 messages with “Display Type Not Supported” in the error window. These issues also occur when meter readings are unreasonably delayed.
- If you are experiencing this issue, increase the Delay Pattern setting under the Source Tab. This should allow the display to stabilize before the meter continues reading.
Official Release: January 16, 2014
- Resolved an issue where only 100% saturation were available for the CalMAN DPG devices and the AVSHD pattern disc.
- Resolved an issue with the new firmware for the DPG2000 pattern generator. CalMAN now requires firmware version 220.127.116.11 or later to connect to the DPG2000. To get the latest firmware for the DPG2000, click here .
- Resolved an issue that was causing Collection Average for Gamut Saturation and Gamut Luminance sweeps to not update properly.
- Resolved an issue where Luminance Sweeps were reading 100% twice for each color.
- Fixed varied stability issues.
- Fixed an issue with Saturations AutoCal.
- Added the ColorChecker report (Display Calibration Certificate) to all CalMAN for Business license levels.
- Added support for CalMAN Client 3 as a pattern source for CalMAN Basic and CalMAN Control licenses.
- Updated APL for finer control on support devices.
- Added a checkbox for “Check for Updates” under Application Preferences. Unchecking this will reduce the timing for updates to every ninety (90) days.
Official Release: January 3, 2014
- Added support for the VideoForge HDMI test pattern generator.
- Added support for the JVC 840.
- Added support for APL patterns on the Lumagen Radiance.
- Added support for APL patterns on the Accupel DVG5000 (grayscale only).
- Added pattern size and APL sliders for pattern sources that support them.
- Added a “Reconnect Hardware on Startup” option under Application Preferences. When checked, CalMAN will attempt to reconnect to hardware upon application startup.
- Resolved an issue on the Color Cube (3D LUT) workflow that caused no data to populate into the Check Linearity and Verify Linearity layouts.
- Resolved firmware compatibility issues with the Photo Research PR700 series meters.
- Resolved connection issues with the Photo Research PR600 series meters.
- AutoAdvance will now properly move on to the next color group on the Gamut Luminance and Gamut Saturation run types.
- Resolved an issue when creating 3D LUTs where CalMAN would exit during the calibration process.
- Fixed Quick Analysis workflow so the Targets button is now functional.
- Made performance improvements that would cause errors when flipping through layouts.
- Resolved issue where xaxis would always display on RGB balance and gamma charts when set to line.
- Horizontal target line no longer shows up on CCT chart when set to Bar. Vertical target line is not currently displaying.
- At the end of a series read or AutoCal, CalMAN now goes to a full 10% screen pattern instead of black.
- Added black to the default run on the ColorChecker workflow.
- Added support for the ColorChecker workflow for all license levels which have the Quick Analysis workflow.
Official Release: November 12, 2013
(released as a series of release candidates from October 17 November 12, 2013)
- New Volumetric Interpolation algorithms for 3rd generation AutoCube 3D LUT Technology™.
- Added support for Fujifilm ISMini as 3D LUT device.
- Added support for the JVC RSx6 series projectors.
- Added Unaligned AutoCal for the JVC RSx5 and RSx6 series projectors. (Note the CMS controls do affect grayscale. SpectraCal recommends calibrating grayscale both before and after CMS calibrations.)
- Added support for Marshall monitors.
- Added ability to upload .3dl LUT files to all 3D LUT capable devices. (Note the settings on the Display Tab must be set to the devices’ native bit depth for 3D LUT calibration points.)
- Added support for the NA and EU Panasonic WT600 displays.
- Added support for the Lumagen Radiance 20xx series. This supports 5×5, 9×3, 9×5, and 9×9 3D LUTs. Requires latest firmware.
- Added support for APL test patterns on the Accupel DVG5000.
- Added new unit options: fc and lux.
- Gamma Factor setting on the JVC projectors is now consistent through sessions.
- When in Design Mode, the Transparent Background option is now only showing once for data fields.
- Fixed broken “Next” button in the MonitorAdvanced workflow.
- Resolved an issue on the Sharp Elite where the display’s DDC controls would be reset at the start of an AutoCal.
- Resolved an issue with shifting text in multiline user fields.
- Resolved an issue where changing the Output Type on the VideoForge II would force the device into Standard Definition.
- Resolved an issue where cuts and gains controls were being defined as 2point grayscale causing issues. This affected the following displays:
- Panasonic BT300, VX100/200/300
- Christie FHD
- Digital View displays
- Updated the FTDI SDK included with CalMAN. The older SDK would cause problems with the newer FTDI driver. This affected the following devices:
- Accupel DVG5000
- basICColor Discus
- Klein Instruments K10A
- SpectraCal Colorbox and eeColor Image Processor
- Quantum Data 780
- FTDIbased RS232 to USB adapters
- Resolved an issue where customer email field was missing in the Customer Database UI.
- Resolved an issue where CalMAN was unable to bring up Test Card and RCA Test Card patterns on the VideoForge II.
- Resolved pattern generator issues on the DVDO VP50.
- Resolved issue with the Auto Axis setting on the Gamut Luminance chart where it would not scale properly when restoring a workflow.
- Resolved an issue where switching between PC and Video levels multiple times would cause CalMAN to bring up the wrong pattern levels.
- Resolved an issue where meter notes were not displayed if the meter had a Units selection option.
- Resolve an issue with the internal pattern generator with the JVC RSx5 and RSx6 series. You can now use it for all modes and results should now be consistent with an external pattern generator.
- The VideoForge II is now network discoverable. This requires new firmware that is not yet available.
- Improved performance in the CalMAN UI.
- Modified the Quick Analysis workflow (added 3D LUT and angularity layouts)
- Made a modification to the plasma table of the SpectraCal C3 colorimeter. Adjustments were based on a larger sample of plasma displays and should make the C3 colorimeter more accurate.
- Save and Exit has been added to the Save Session dialog window.
- The default gamma formula for CalMAN has been changed to ITUBT.1886. This affects all video calibration workflows included in CalMAN. This does not affect any custom workflows.
- Added the CalMAN RGB workflow to the CalMAN installers.
- It is possible to select a 9point 3D LUT when using a non 20xx model Lumagen Radiance. If you attempt to perform a 3D LUT AutoCal, you will receive errors.
Official Release: June 13, 2013
- CalMAN now prompts reports to load when users selects “Save data and load report” if CalMAN is not already set to load a report by default.
- Added a dropdown menu on the report page to select different reports.
- Resolved an issue with 3D LUT calibrations and the BT.1886 gamma formula.
- Resolved an issue with the ISF workflow that would cause some fields to display as blank on the report.
- Some machines will experience issues trying to export a report to PDF. Currently a workaround is to use a PDF printer application.
- Some users might see an error on upgrade or uninstall regarding removal of the application shortcut.
- Mouse overs on graphs that have a target line (such as gamma and color temperature) are not currently working.
- When a meter has a units selection option, CalMAN does not display any notes that may be available for that meter.
- CalMAN is not always able to change modes in the DDC controls with the JVC RS50. The workaround for this issue is to select the desired display mode in the projector prior to connecting with CalMAN.
- The IR Editor is currently unable to properly create new DVD players.
- Attempting to change Output Type on the DDC controls for the VideoForge II will cause the setting revert to Standard Definition. A workaround is to change this setting in the Web UI for the VideoForge II.
Official Release: May 28, 2013
- Added support for the Panasonic 60 series displays. This includes:
- US/Canada: zt/vt/wt/dt
- EU: zt/vt/gt/wt/dt/ft
- NZ/Asia: vt/wt/dt
- Added support for the DCI/P3 Gamut (CCFL) target display type for the C6 meter. This is for the FSI monitors.
- Support added for the CalMAN Client III Generator.
- Improved AutoCal™ process for Panasonic displays. Contrast and Brightness no longer have to be set at their default settings.
- Improved AutoCal™ process for Sharp Elite. Note: Contrast must be set to max and the gamut mode must be set to Standard.
- Updated DVDO Duo support to use native controls
- Added a check box for Use Reference Patterns on the Source tab for the Lumagen Radiance.
- Full DDC controls for the Video Forge I and II have been added under the Sources tab.
- Added a 2 point grayscale specific command for AutoCal™. This has been set on all shipping workflows which have AutoCal™ support on the 2pt grayscale layouts.
- AutoCal™ now supports CMS calibrations at multiple saturation and luminance levels. Options available will depend upon the capabilities of the pattern generator. This is currently available in the Quick Analysis Workflow.
- Added Balance White Luminance advanced option for Cube AutoCal™. Unchecking this option means that CalMAN will make sacrifice overall DeltaE in order to preserve overall luminance.
- Increased performance speed for AutoCal™
- ColorChecker has now been expanded to include many options, including custom color patches. Selections are available under Options for the layout. Custom patches can be created in the Custom Color Set Editor found under the Start Menu.
- Made modification to the slider bar to make it easier to determine which pattern is selected.
- Added the capability to create conditional buttons. This allows for If/Else statements in a button command.
- Create ICC Profile can now be added as a button command
- When in design mode, you can now put a text box into edit mode by double clicking on it.
- Added a Title on the properties panel to identify which element’s properties you are looking at.
- Added a list of layout items on properties on the tab when in design mode. This makes it easy to see what elements are on a layout and their placement.
- Basic, Control, and Enthusiast licenses can now again open their saved data files